Adsforblog

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Instant Gratification


On Monday, April 13, 2020, I sent a single poem to Poetry Super Highway for their 22nd annual issue of Holocaust Remembrance. By Saturday, April 18, 2020, my poem “what was hidden” was published. Granted the deadline for submitting was imminently close, but the editor/publisher Rick Lupert publisheda total of 59 poets, including three people I know Susana Case of New York, Judith Robinson of Pittsburgh, and Marianne Szlyk of Rockville, Maryland.
 


“what was hidden” is in Golden Shovel format, which means it uses a quote where each word of the quote is used as a writing prompt. The quote I use is “I know the dark delight of being strange, the penalty of difference in the crowd, the loneliness of wisdom among fools” by Claude McKay from his poem “My House.” These 21 words form the last word of the 21 lines of my poem about Anne Frank. Anne Frank, her family, and her diary are also mentioned by four other poets in this issue.

No comments: