Adsforblog

Wednesday, March 29, 2023

The Pleasure of Those Met at AWP

 More than half the pleasure of going to AWP is who you meet and who you see again. Here are photos of such meetups: 

It was a pleasant surprise to find myself talking to Monica Youn, who I had just heard on the Podcast Between the Covers.


Another little frisson was I realized I was talking to Leslie Pietrzyk, a fiction writer I met years ago at a party in Washington, DC but do not see except once in a blue moon.

         


Why Kazim Ali knows me is beyond my imagination but we always greet each other at AWP.









This masked duo turned out to be Allison Hedge Coke and her granddaughter. I "know" Allison from an online listserv.

 
 
  This is Nate Brown who stopped by The Word Works table where we gave him a protea flower and a book of poetry so he asked to buy a book by me!
  Always congenial is Jericho Brown who once read at Word Works Cafe Muse Literary Salon.

 

I run into Sandra Beasley at all sorts of venues and we conduct business on the fly. Sometimes we even meet dancing!


No comments: